Policy Development Working Group
public & patient involvement (ppi) Task Force
Mission: Empower the public & patients to understand the potential of in silico medicine, improve healthcare creating ‘user demand’, encourage greater funding and drive broader clinical and regulatory adoption for enhanced impact
Co-Chair: Cyrille Thinnes (National University of Ireland, Galway)
Co-Chair: Steven Levine (Dassault Systèmes)
- Define a multi-stakeholder working approach (i.e. Community Advisory Board) for in silico trials’ opportunity with focus on patient engagement (PE).
- Build a PPI Roadmap, identifying stakeholders and establish systematic engagement.
- Create public awareness through sustainable mechanisms, such as, medical websites and social media.
- Build trust in the technology to accelerate adoption of in silico medicine by drawing on case studies (e.g., diabetes).
- Provide guidance to members submitting digital evidence to competent authorities regarding the representation of the public & patients’ interests.