The Research & Technology Working Group seeks to bridge the missing mile between basic research and the commercialization of products. Having an equal partnership between academics and healthcare organisations represented by the members of the Virtual Physiological Human Institute (VPHi) and industries engaged in the predictive medicine provides a unique opportunity to explore areas of mutual cooperation and benefit.
The key goals of this group are:
- Creating links between the VPHi Membership and Avicenna Industry Members
- Promotion of in silico medicine in Horizon Europe Program
- Working towards the creation of a certified tissue library for biological materials
- Work on credibility building for AI technologies and policy asks
- Medical community outreach
Priorities in 2022 - 2023 and beyond:
For current year:
- Apply for funding for certified tissue library & continue community consensus process;
- Follow-up activities for AI white paper;
- Credibility matrix for AI;
- Develop information packages for clinicians;
- Develop calls for Horizon Europe WP23-24;
- Engagement with EMA towards a White Paper on Verification and Validation.
- Certified tissue library expansion / funding applications;
- Promote consortium formation within AA for Horizon Europe;
- Ecosystem and infrastructure for ISM;
- Dedicated networks with clinicians;
In 2024 and beyond:
- Develop calls for Horizon Europe WP25-27.